Cuisine Style Andhra: Cooking Time 30 minutes, To Serve: 4, Take with: Chutney
- Moong Dal-2 Cups
- Raw Rice - 1/4 Cup
- Onion - 4 nos
- Ginger - 1 piece (1 inch peeled)
- Coriander leaves
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tbs
- Pepper powder (Coarse ground) - 1tsp
- Green Chilies -4 Nos
- Salt to taste
- Soak Moong Dal and raw rice over night.
- Coarse grind the following: Moong Dal, Raw rice, green chilies, cumin seeds and ginger and keep it for 2 to 3 hours.
- Chop Onion and keep it aside.
- Heat a griddle and grease it by oil.
- Then pour ladle full of Pesarattu batter over the griddle.
- Spread the batter like a dosa (Round shape thin or thick).
- Put chopped onions over it and cook for 3 minutes (medium flame).
- Sprinkle oil over the edges.
- Flip it and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with coconut chutney.
- Pesarattu can also be prepared without cumin seeds and ginger.
- You can put coconut scrap instead of Onions.
How this Pesarattu recipe is Unique?
- We are making Pesarattu after keeping 2 to 3 hours and this gives good flavor and taste.