- Ancient Tamil Nadu Recipes > Gothumai Khali
Godhumai Kali [Wheat Kali]
Cuisine Style: South India | Cooking Time: 15 minutes | To Serve: 4 | Take with: Keerai kulambu, Kurma, spinach gravy | Type: Breakfast or Dinner, Weight loss & Easy diabetic recipes
- Wheat granules (broken into small particles) - 1 cup
- Water - 2 ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Take water in a broad pan with salt and boil. Once water comes to boil simmer the flame then add wheat granules slowly. Stir well continually till the granules comes bigger in size and cooked.
- After 5 min cover it and cook in simmer.
- Check often whether the wheat granule mixture is cooked or not.
- Once its fully cooked turn off stove.
- Take a bowl with water. Make balls out of the mixture and put it in to the water.
- Serve with curd, spinach gravy, buttermilk, small onion, tamarind kulambu, tamarind chutney or kurma.
- Godhumai Kali can be prepared using wheat flour also.
- Instead of bigger balls small balls can be made and seasoned.
Samba godhumai kali
Samba godhumai mudde
Wheat rava kali
Broken wheat mudde balls
Wheat rava balls
Instant healthy breakfast kali-Ancient tamilnadu
Boiled wheat balls
Broken Wheat Balls
Delhi carrots [red]-2 cups [finely grated]. Ghee [melted...
Read More >>
In a thick pan fry Okra for...
Read More >>