- Sweets / Desserts > Lemon cake-No oven-Pressure cooker method-How to make-Step by step photos
Lemon cake-No oven, No maida-Pressure cooker method-How to make-Step by step photos
By Gunaselvi Sridher
Cuisine Style : India | Preparation & Cooking Time: 50 minutes | To Serve : 4 | Type : New year, christmas special, Snacks | Take with : Tea
This is unique, simple, instant, homemade & my version of no fail spongy lemon cake without oven. I made it using my 5 ltr pressure cooker. I didn't add salt or sand in pressure cooker. Most successful method is initial pre-heating pressure cooker before baking/cooking. I didnt use artificial colours. For colour i used turmeric powder & For fragrant i added vanilla and cardamom powder.
This is super soft because of baking soda and egg. You can make it without egg or flourless. You can add almond powder, coconut powder or oats powder instead of flour. Flaxseed, tofu, paneer, khoya also best for cakes. You can replace butter with oil. For milk you can replace it with coconut milk, condensed milk, oats milk, cashew milk or almond milk. You can repalce egg with apple-sauce, flaxseed egg, cahew or almond butter.
Pressure cooker lemon cake for christmas
- All purpose flour / Wheat flour - 1.5 cup
- Cocoa powder- 1/4 cup
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder - 1 tbsp
- Milk- 250 ml
- Egg- 1
- Melted butter- 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil- 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - Juice of 2 whole lemon or 1/4 cup
- Take 5 littre pressure cooker.
- Remove gasket & whistle from the pressure cooker lid.
- Then place grid.
- Preheat pressure cooker for 5 to 10 min on medium flame.
- In a bowl All purpose flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda mix well.
- In a bowl add melted butter, milk, coconut oil, egg, vanilla essence, lemon juice, turmeric powder, cadamom powder & sugar mix well.
- Add wet ingredient to the dry mixture mix well
- Add milk to adjust the consistency.
- Grease baking tin with butter and sprinkle flour.
- Pour batter into a baking tray/baking tin
- Place it on pressure cooker grind.
- Close lid & bake it for 45 to 50 min on low to medium flame.
- Once its ready carefully remove baking tray then un-mould & let it cool.
- Slice and serve with jam/butter.
- Before baking in pressure cooker remove gasket & whistle.
- You can replace milk with coconut milk, almond milk or oats milk
- If you dont like egg you can add melted dark chocolate, curd, buttermilk, banana or avocado
- For white molten lava cake you can skip cocoa powder
- For red velvet lava cake add roasted beet puree.
- For saffron lava cake add hot water soaked saffron.
- For frosting you can make buttercream frosting using softened butter, powdered sugar, milk & vanilla
- For lemon frosting add 2 tbsp lemon juice
- For chocolate frosting add:- Softened butter, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, vanilla & milk
- You can add lemon curd
- For oreo frosting:-Softened butter, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla, crushed oreo. beat all well with or without electrical mixer. pour into piping bag, squeeze over the cake, evenly spread then add colour sprinkles, flowers, fruits, edible glitters, candies or biscuits.
- You can make blueberry, strawberry cream cheese frosting for different flavour
- For saffron frosting add saffron soaked milk.
- For caramel butter cream frosting:-Caramalize sugar, cream, butter,milk
- Butterscotch frosting:- Brown sugar/ palm sugar, butter, condensed milk or cream
How to make Lemon cake without oven- Step by step photos [Instant& Quick]
Seive all purpose flour without lumps
Add baking soda
Add baking powder
Seive without lumps
Heat milk, add butter, melt
add vanilla essence
Add groundnut oil / coconut oil / olive oil
add turmeric powder
add lemon jucie mix well
Wet ingredients ready
Pour into dry mixture
Mix well without lumps
Add cardamom powder
Grease tray with butter, Place aluminium foil / butter sheet
Place it on pressure cooker stand
Place it in pre-heated pressure cooker
Cover lid[No gasket, No whistle], cook it for 45 min to 50 min-Low flame
Check it with stainless steel needle or stick. it comes out clean
Let it cool
Remove aluminum foil
Now its ready
Spongy lemon cake ready
No oven lemon cake ready
Slice & serve
Super soft lemon cake slices
Pressure cooker lemon cake
Spongy lemon butter cake
homemade lemon cake
Nimbu ki cake
No fail elumichai cake
Curry leaves - 1 cup. Heat...
Read More >>
Aval [poha or Flattened rice] – 1 cup. Tamarind puree...
Read More >>
Ragi semiya – 1 cup. Ghee...
Read More >>