- Continental recipes >Flaxseed bread | Aali vithai sandwich bread -No oven-How to make-Step by step photos & Video
Flaxseed bread | Aali vithai sandwich bread -No oven-How to make-Step by step photos & Video
By Gunaselvi K. Sridher
Cuisine Style : India | Preparation time: 20 min| Cooking time : 45 min | To Serve : 5 | Type : New year, christmas special, Snacks | Take with : Tea, coffee, milk
How to make Flaxseed bread video
- All purpose flour [Finger millet flour]- 1.5 cup
- Flaxseed - 1/2 cup
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Active dry Yeast - 1.5 tsp
- Sugar - 3 tbsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Butter - 1 inch cube
- Warm water - as needed or[Apr 300 ml]
- Take 5 littre pressure cooker.
- Remove gasket & whistle from the pressure cooker lid.
- Then place grid.
- Preheat pressure cooker for 5 to 10 min on medium flame.
- Grease baking tin with butter and sprinkle flour.
- In a bowl add 1 tsp active dry yeast, sugar & Lukewarm water mix well.
- Then leave it for 10 min. [You can see frothy like consistency-This is perfect]
- In a mixie jar add flaxseed finely grind
- Put ground flaxseed mixture in a bowl, add water, mix well, leave it for 10 min
- In another bowl add all purpose flour, flaxseed mixture, salt, oil mix well.
- Add activated yeast mixture mix well.
- Then add butter knead it using spatula for another 2 min.
- Then pour 1 tbsp oil over the dough, cover with wet cotton cloth, let it rise for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, you can see the dough is double in size
- Sprinkle flour knead it using spatula for 2 min
- Then fold and make oval shape
- Palce it in a bread tin, cover with cotton cloth rise it again for 2 hour
- Then place bread tin in pressure cooker, Close lid & bake it for 30 to 35 on medium flame.
- Once its ready carefully remove baking tray then un-mould & let it cool.
- Slice and serve with jam/butter.
- Before baking in pressure cooker remove gasket & whistle.
- You can add milk & egg
- Instead of egg you can use fresh curd.
- You can add any nuts
- For cinnamon bread add cinnamon powder, brown sugar & butter
- You can replace yeast with baking powder & baking soda
- For spinach bread:- Use spinach, green chilli puree
- For red bread:- Use beetroot puree
- For garlic bread:-Use chopped garlic, olive oil, coriander
- For mint bread:-Add mint, garlic & coriander paste
- For carrot bread:-Use carrot puree
- For pumpkin bread:-Use pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice powder[Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves & ginger]
- For tomato bread:-Use sauted tomato, garlic & dry red chilli puree
How to make Flaxseed bread-Step by step photos
Put it in a mixie jar, finely grind
Ground flaxseed ready
Leave it for 10 min
Add active dry yeast
Add 1 tbsp sugar
Add Luke warm water
Mix well, leave it for 10 min
Activated yeast ready
Add Flour, salt
Add water, mix well, make soft dough
Add melted butter, knead it for 8 min
Add 1 tbsp oil, evenly spread
Cover it, let it rise
Knead it for 1 min
Grease tin with butter, sprinkle flour, evenly spread
Bread tin ready
Roll out dough into thick sheet
Now its ready
Place it in a bread tin
Cover it & let it rise
Pre-heat pressure cooker for 15 min on medium flame
Grease bread with butter
Place it in pre-heated pressure cooker
COok for 40 to 45 min on medium flame
After 30 min, grease bread with butter
45 min later, remove it fronm pressure cooker
LEt it cool for 2 min
SPongy and soft flaxseed bread ready
Perfect sandwich bread
store in an airtight container use within 1 week
Alli vithai bread
Curry leaves - 1 cup. Heat...
Read More >>
Aval [poha or Flattened rice] – 1 cup. Tamarind puree...
Read More >>
Ragi semiya – 1 cup. Ghee...
Read More >>